Wednesday 1 April 2015

Wednesday 1st April 2015


Today has been a good day with some good meetings and developments.

This morning I got up and went to meet Ross Dundas of The Wishing Tree, this looks like a really good connection, with the discussion of future marketing / design work from local clients, this would be something I would be interested in doing freelance, we also had a good chat about some work Ill be doing for the company directly in terms of PR and marketing which should be good, we also did a photo shoot and interview of me donating my laptop to the project, this Im happy to do in return for PR / advertising of my business.

Came home after that did some work at home, catching up on emails etc, got some good replies from businesses from yesterdays meeting, looks like some good leads there, I was going to be doing some PR work for one of the businesses today but she said my rates were too high for her, so may have to reconsider. I am good at what I do but maybe need to go in a bit lower to begin with to get things going as don't want to put people off just because of money, Id rather charge lower rates and get regular clients through the door.

Dad came around for a bit which was nice then dinner and cinema, watching a video in between of how to promote a Kindle ebook online, which I got sent by a contact from yesterday, was interesting. I know I need to do more to promote this, I did put it onto a website called Smashwords which looked good, also Kickstarter which I found today, however I need a number from the bank to take that further. I think once I get the funding I need for the project things will really take off, then I can get the book properly published and marketed / distributed throughout the US / UK, which will be good.

Tonight I went to the cinema and now just writing this, tomorrow Ive got recruitment events where Im looking at / hoping to get a job, however I think in the future another option would be to move down to Manchester area with my Grandma, I quite fancy a change of scenery and Manchester would be good for my line of work / marketing jobs etc. This would be an easy enough move as we're leasing out this flat here in Aberdeen so would be free to move after we get that sorted out, and would be able to stay with Grandma so would be cheap accommodation until I find work down there.

So overall a busy day and now just going to read my book and go to bed. Will update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment