Tuesday 24 March 2015

Tuesday 24th March 2015


Today has been a great day with lots of positives to take away from it.

Got up this morning went to the hospital for a catch up, was good and always nice to go back there. Had a good chat with Dr Runcie who Im now good friends with, she was excited to hear about my book and my plans for that, so a positive conversation. Came home in a good mood then had a flat viewing, went well and was a nice person, so think Im going to offer him the room but Im also keen to hear what the solicitors have to say about it price wise, Im still weighing up my options as still feel a little bit unsettled in Aberdeen, might be good to know we can lease the flat and then I can look elsewhere, still wouldn't mind Edinburgh or Glasgow but will see, somewhere I can concentrate away from the distractions of family friends etc.

Home got to work applying for more jobs and working on my book, got some really good contacts today, including a woman in America from a publishing agency who are keen to promote it, I told them I didn't have the money to publish it right now but she gave me some website links where you can source funding for projects like this, I applied for them and they look good, think this is the link Ive been looking for, basically a local business will donate the money to help fund the project's startup or thats the idea anyway. Ive set up the online pages today so hopefully that will be a start to the project.

That was a really positive afternoon, then went out tonight for a few beers and dinner with Dad, was going fine until he started talking negatively about the new business projects Im getting involved with  / not being very positive about my ideas, I challenged him and he didn't like it, I said if he didn't think what I was doing was good why didn't he come along to the business network and say so, he said he would. Thinking about it I don't really want him there anyway, its nothing to do with him and Im getting a little bit upset about him sticking his nose in my business and getting involved where he doesn't need to, he has said some hurtful things the last couple of days. So now I think Im going to ask him for his keys to the flat so he can't have them for a while, I need them for my friend this weekend anyway. Just sitting in bed writing this now, calming down. Update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment