Wednesday 11 March 2015

Wednesday 11th March 2015


Today has been a busy day! Woke up this morning decided not to view the flat I was supposed to, as I think I know what kind of property I want now. So stayed in bed till lunchtime despite being woken up by the dog, happy to reply to various messages / emails in bed. got up about 1pm, had work to do, answering various messages / emails and odd jobs.

Spent most of the day tending to odd jobs / projects, feel like I got quite a lot done, including sending away my tax return for last year, applying for a cat competition for my cat Millie where Im hoping to make some money out of it, although I need some professional images to help with this, I have contacted my friend Ben who is a photographer who can do this.

Also I found out today my flatmate Antonio is moving out at the start of April, so I was busy today taking photos of the flat / promoting the room on Gumtree etc, Im keen to get someone signed up to take his room ASAP. Im sure though over the coming days I will get someone, it is a good room in a great location, I have advertised it so Im just waiting to hear back at the moment.

Also today I managed to find a regular football team in Aberdeen, I have considered setting up my own football team but today I got a reply from a team in the city who look OK, third division of the local amateur leagues but they are looking for players so I hope I can help them out, Im going to train with them next week. I'm keen to develop my football interests this year, and am looking to sign with a regular team locally with a view to development in the local leagues and take it from there. My understanding is you need to play at a good level with the juniors / amateur teams first and take it from there, I am confident I am at a good level though having played for a few local teams recently.

Also today I have been trying to establish interest in a local book club, I can't find anything in Aberdeen so decided to try and set up my own, I have used the Gumtree / Facebook to try and gain interest for free, although I will use websites like Meetup.com to develop this. I think this will be good for social reasons, and encouraging people to read more / develop their knowledge.

So for now just writing this and sitting watching TV, thinking about going out but not too bothered at the same time. I think Im past the age now where going out is an appealing option, Im trying to cut back on drinking with football etc too. Will update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment